1 each (227 g/8 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Plant-Based Lightlife Grounds
|Lightlife grounds, vegetarian, raw slab(442g)||4 slabs(1.750 kg)||4 slabs(3 lbs 13 oz)|
|Margarine, soft||80 g||3 oz|
|Onions, frozen, diced||300 g||11 oz|
|Chili Powder||20 ml||2 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||20 ml||2 tsp|
|Paprika||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Black Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Flour, all purpose||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Ketchup||500 ml||2 cups|
|Tomato Sauce, low sodium, canned||1 L||4 cups|
|Mustard, yellow||40 ml||2 Tbsp 2 tsp|
|Hamburger Buns, wholewheat, 50 g/1.8 oz||25 each||25 each|
- The day before, thaw raw vegetarian crumble under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until use.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add diced onion; cook and stir until onions are translucent.
- Add in chili powder, garlic powder, paprika and ground pepper.
- Add the raw vegetarian meat crumbles and cook until crumbly. Sprinkle flour over the mixture and stir until blended.
- Stir in ketchup, tomato sauce, and yellow mustard. Bring to a boil, cook, and stir 1-2 minutes until thickened. Ensure internal temperatures reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds. Maintain >140'F/60'C until assembly of the sandwich.
- Assemble the sandwich: Spread 125 mls/1/2 cup of heated prepared vegetarian filling using #8 scoop onto a wholewheat hamburger bun. Serve immediately.
Serve with raw vegetables & dip and potato chips/french fries (sides not included in the nutritional analysis)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (227 g/8 oz)
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||6.0 g|
|Vitamin A||28 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.0 mg|
|Calories from Protein||19 %|