173 gm (6.1 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders BBQ Beef Ribette (#41434)
|Beef Ribette, 85 grams each||25 each (2.125 kg)||25 each (4.7 lbs)|
|Puff Pastry Dough, sheets, thawed , 350 grams each||4 each (1.4 kg)||4 each(3.07 lbs)|
|Olive Oil||45 mL||3 tbsp|
|Onions, Fresh, fine diced||400 g||14 oz|
|Mushrooms, Fresh, thinly sliced||400 g||14 oz|
|White Pepper||2 mL||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||2 mL||1/2 tsp|
|Egg, Liquid or whisked egg||100 mL||3.4 Fl oz|
- Preheat convection oven to 325F/165'C.
- Defrost rolled out puff pastry sheets and cut into equal sized rectangles. May have to roll dough out for a thinner piece to allow for better handling and wrapping results.
- Preheat pan (or grill). Add olive oil and heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until golden or fully cooked. Let cool and drain off excess juices.
- On each piece of rolled out puff pastry, add approximately 30 mL (1 fl oz) of the cooled onion and mushroom mixture. Place 1 beef ribette on each piece of puff pastry, bone down on top of the onions and mushrooms (the top presentation of the Beef Wellington is now face down). Lightly brush the edges of the puff pastry and fold together to wrap each Beef Wellington portion.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, please each Beef Wellington portion folded side down (so that the smooth surface is facing upwards for presentation). Brush the top of each Beef Wellington portion with the egg mixture.
- In a preheated convection oven, bake the Beef Wellingtons until the puff pastry is golden. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'C/74'C held for 15 seconds.
- Garnish with a small puff pastry design on top of each puff pastry (time permitting) and with a brown gravy on the side.
Garnish with drizzle of beef gravy and serve with bean medley and mashed garlic potatoes (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 173 gm (6.1 oz)
|Calories (56 % from fat)||417 kcal|
|Total Fat||26.1 gm|
|Saturated Fat||11.5 gm|
|Total Sugars||4.1 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 gm|
|Vitamin A||17.3 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.1 mg|