Featured Maple Leaf Product: Beef Ribette (41434)
|Beef Ribette||2.13 Kg||4.7 Lbs|
|Puff Pastry- Pepperidge Farm, 320 gm sheets||1.27 Kg||2.8 Lbs|
|Olive Oil||45 mL||3 tbsp|
|Onions, Fresh, fine diced||400 g||14 oz|
|Mushrooms, Fresh, thinly sliced||400 g||14 oz|
|White Pepper||2 mL||1/2 tsp|
|Salt||2 mL||1/2 tsp|
|Egg, Liquid or whisked egg||100 mL||3.4 Fl oz|
- Preheat pan (or grill). Add olive oil and heat. Add onions and mushrooms and saute until golden or fully cooked. Let cool (drain off access juices).
- Defrost puff pastry sheets and cut into 6 equal sized rectangles. Roll dough out gently to spread it out and for a thinner piece to allow for better handling and wrapping results.
- On each piece of rolled out puff pastry, add approximately 30 mL (1 fl oz) of the cooled onion and mushroom mixture. Place 1 beef ribette on each piece of puff pastry, bone down on top of the onions and mushrooms (the top presentation of the Beef Wellington is now face down). Lightly brush the edges of the puff pastry and fold together to wrap each Beef Wellington portion.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, please each Beef Wellington portion folded side down (so that the smooth surface is facing upwards for presentation). Brush the top of each Beef Wellington portion with the egg mixture.
- In a preheated 350 F (175 C) oven, bake the Beef Wellingtons until the puff pastry is golden.
- Garnish with a small puff pastry design on top of each puff pastry (time permitting) and with a brown gravy on the side.
Nutritional Info per 173 gm (6.1 oz)
|Calories (56.3% from fat)||426 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||11.64 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.267 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 gm|
|Vitamin A||8 RE|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|