Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Fully Cooked Pulled Chicken (#26995)
|Pulled Chicken, fully cooked||1.5 kg||3.3 lbs|
|Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets, 10" x 15", 312 g, thawed||2 sheets (624g)||2 sheets (22 oz)|
|Margarine||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Onions, fresh, finely chopped||900 g||32 oz|
|California Mix Vegetables, frozen||1.8 kg||64 oz|
|Cream of Chicken Soup, canned, condensed||1.14 L||40 oz|
|Milk, 2%||1 L||4 cups|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||900 g||32 oz|
|Poultry Seasoning||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Cream, half & half||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw cooked pulled chicken on baking sheet in the refrigerator and also the puff pastry sheets at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut one sheet crosswise into seven 2 inch/5 cm strips; cut rectangle sheet lengthwise into five 2 inch/5 cm strips. On a baking sheet, closely weave strips to make a 12 x 10 cm lattice. Freeze until making filling. Alternatively, for a time saver, do not cut puff pastry into strips to make weave strips and place puff pastry sheets directly onto prepared filling.
- Preheat convection oven to 375'F/190'C. In a skillet, melt margarine on medium heat and saute chopped onion until tender for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- In a large pot, combine the frozen california blend vegetables, pulled chicken, cream of chicken soup and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the shredded cheese, onions and poultry seasoning. Transfer to a greased 2" deep full size insert pan.
- Top with puff pastry lattice, trimming the edges to fit. If using puff pastry sheets instead, make slits in pastry for steam to escape. Whisk together egg yolk and cream; brush over pastry.
- Bake uncovered until bubbly and crust is golden brown and puffed. Bake for ~ 35-45 minutes. Cover with foil if pastry starts getting too dark. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for 15 seconds.
- Cut into 3" by 2" sections and serve 1 each(323 g).
Serve with steamed broccoli or tossed salad and wholegrain roll (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 323 g/11.3 oz
|Total Fat||24.8 g|
|Saturated Fat||12.0 g|
|Total Sugar||6.5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.9 g|
|Calories from Fat||53 %|