243 g/8.6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Tempura Battered Chicken Balls (#41122)
|Tempura Breaded Chicken Balls, 1 each=25 g||2.5 kg||5.5 lbs|
|Rice Noodles, dry||275 g||9.6 oz|
|Romaine Lettuce, chopped||725 g||1 lb 9 oz|
|Iceberg Lettuce, chopped||725 g||1 lb 9 oz|
|Green Onions, fresh, slice thin||250 ml||1 cup|
|Red Cabbage, fresh, shredded||500 g||1 lb 2 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, shredded||400 ml||1 1/4 cup|
|Mandarin Oranges, packed in juice, drained||400 ml||1 1/4 cup|
|Almond Slices||250 ml||1 cup|
|Sesame Dressing, prepared||750 ml||3 cups|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C. Place frozen chicken balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for ~ 20 minutes; turn the chicken balls after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to insert pan with lid. Hold product at >140'F/60'C until service.
- While chicken balls are cooking, prepare rice noodles or can substitute ramen noodles (discard the flavour packet). Crush rice noodles before cooking. Boil water and when it boils, add crushed rice noodles and cook for 1 minute only. Drain and rinse with cold water; chill noodles to add to salad at later step. If prefer crunchy noodles in salad, do not cook but break them into small pieces.
- Prepare fresh vegetables-cut romaine lettuce and iceberg lettuce into 1/4 shred. Slice green onions into small rings. Shred carrots and red cabbage. Drain mandarin oranges.
- In a large bowl, toss together both lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, green onions, mandarin oranges, rice noodles/ramen noodles and sliced almonds. Add the dressing to the salad right before service.
- At point of service-place 4 chicken balls (100g) cut in half on top of 250 ml/1cup of prepared salad. May drizzle additional dressing over cut chicken balls and sprinkle with cilantro if you wish.
May garnish with chow mein noodles and serve with a soft roll with butter (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 243 g/8.6 oz
|Total Fat||16.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.2 g|
|Vitamin A||216.3 RE|
|Vitamin C||20.4 mg|
|Calories from Protein||19 %|