258 g/9.1 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Diced Turkey (#64364)
|Maple Leaf Cooked Diced Turkey||1.5 Kg||3.3 lbs|
|Breadcrumbs||900 ml||3.8 cups|
|Margarine||350 ml||1.5 cups|
|Pasta, cooked (penne or linguini)||2.75 L||11.6 cups|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||1.5 fl oz|
|Onions, fresh, sliced||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Red Peppers, fresh, sliced||300 g||10.5 oz|
|Mushrooms, fresh, sliced||100 g||3.5 oz|
|Garlic, minced||30 g||1 oz|
|White Sauce, prepared (or Cream Sauce)||1 L||4.2 cups|
|Nutmeg||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Thyme, fresh||20 ml||4 tsp|
|Green Peas, frozen||750 ml||3.2 cups|
|Parsley, fresh, chopped||75 ml||2.5 fl oz|
|Parmesan Cheese, grated||300 ml||10.1 fl oz|
- Thaw the fully cooked diced turkey in the refrigerator the day before at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- Combine breadcrumbs and melted margarine in a heated pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes, remove from pot and set aside as topping.
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add onions, red peppers, garlic and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables become tender. Add nutmeg and thyme. Stirring gently.
- Add the white sauce (or cream sauce) and green peas. Bring to a simmer and add pasta and diced turkey. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to 2" deep insert pans.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and parmesan cheese over the top. Crumble breadcrumb mixture over the top and bake in a pre-heated convection oven at 325'F/165'C until the top is golden brown. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C and is held for at least 15 seconds.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, green peas and parmesan cheese.
Serve with a warm garlic bread or broccoli spears.
Nutritional Info per 258 g/9.1 oz
|Calories (37 % from fat)||402 kcal|
|Total Fat||16.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.8 g|
|Vitamin A||70.8 RE|
|Vitamin C||12.4 mg|