171 gm (6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Turkey Burger (#55692)
|Turkey Burger||25 each||25 each|
|Olive Oil, Extra Virgin||50 ml||1.7 fl oz|
|Onions, Fresh, Diced||600 g||23.3 oz|
|Garlic, Minced Fine||12 g||0.6 oz|
|Water||500 ml||16.9 fl oz|
|Poultry Gravy - Instant||50 g||1.75 oz|
|Bread, White||450 g||16 oz|
|Mozzarella Cheese||500 g||17.6 oz|
- Place turkey patties (burger) on a baking sheet a small distance apart from each other and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and heat the pan. Add onions and garlic to pan, sauteuntil tender and carmelized (brown). Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- Heat water and add poultry gravy mix, set aside keeping it warm.
- Shred the mozzarella cheese. Cut bread slices into round rings (removing the crust if desired). Alternately, use round loaf bread such as large baguette and cut into slices. Arrange the bread croutons on a bakingsheet and toast in a 350F pre-heated oven until light brown. Remove and set aside.
- To build the dish take the baking sheet with the turkey patties laid out and add a portion (approx. 25 ml/24 gm) of the carmelized onion mix on top of each patty. Add one toasted crouton on top and gently press the stack together. Cover with 25gm of mozerrela cheese and bake in a 325 F pre-heated until the cheese is golden brown. Cook turkey burger to an internal temperature of 165 F (60 C). At the time of service, finish by laddling poultry gravy over the top of the layered stack.
Serve as a layer stack with hot vegetable sides.
Nutritional Info per 171 gm (6 oz)
|Calories (48.1% from fat)||284 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.9 g|