Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Dippers (64004)
|Chicken Dippers||2 Kg||4.4 Lbs|
|Soft Margarine||60 mL||2 Fl oz|
|Ketchup||100 mL||3.4 Fl oz|
|Brown Sugar||75 mL||2.5 Fl oz|
|White Vinegar||100 mL||3.4 Fl oz|
|Soy Sauce, Light||75 mL||2.5 Fl oz|
|Pineapple Tidbits||300 mL||1.3 cups|
|Water||40 mL||1.4 Fl oz|
|Cornstarch||60 mL||2 Fl oz|
|Red Peppers, Fresh, Diced||75 g||2.6 oz|
- Place chicken dippers in a greased baking pan and place into a pre-heated 350 F (175 C) oven until hot and starting to form a crispy outside. Chicken should reach a temperature of 160F/70C.
- In a large skillet or pot, melt the margarine and add the ketchup and brown sugar. Whisk to melt the sugar and allow it to bubble gently at a simmer. Add the vinegar, soy sauce, pineapple (tidbits or crushed depending on desired sauce texture), and bring back to a simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
- Combine cornstarch and water into a slurry and slowly add to the sauce to thicken to the right constency. Remove the chicken from the oven, pour into the pan and coat the chicken dippers with sauce completely. Return to the oven and bake until the the oven and bake until the
- Return to the oven and bake until the sauce begins to bubble around the chicken. Remove from the oven and serve hot, garnish each place with a few slices of very thin julienne of red pepper.
- Alternately, replace the sauce with a commercially prepared Hawaiian or Pineapple-based sauce, with or without a curry note would be fine. (Nutritional analysis will be different)
Nutritional Info per 115 g/4 oz
|Calories (31.2% from fat)||187 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||1.23 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.575 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||2.0 gm|
|Vitamin A||29 RE|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|