176 g / 6.2 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Natural Pulled Pork (#26980)
|Schneiders Pulled Pork, cooked||1.5 Kg||3.3 Lbs|
|Brown Beans||1.75 L||7.4 cups|
|Tomatoes, Canned, Fire Roasted||600 mL||2.5 cups|
|Red Onions, Fresh, Diced Very Vinely||125 mL||4.2 Fl oz|
|Cheddar Cheese , grated||325 g||11.4 oz|
- Two days before, thaw cooked pulled pork in the refrigerator at 40'F/4'C or lower.
- Heat pulled pork on a greased grill or on a baking sheet in a pre-heated convection oven at 325'F/165'C.
- In a large pot, mix the pulled pork, brown beans and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Top lightly with finely chopped red onions. Cover with cheddar cheese and place pan into a pre-heated oven and heat through to a temperature of 165 F /74'C and allow cheese to melt and bubble.
- Alternately, if using canned tomatoes that are more bland, consider adding garlic, oregano and basil to the sauce. If the sauce is too thin after simmering, add 30 mL of canned tomato paste to thicken further (to 600 mL of canned tomatoes). (Nutritional analysis will be different)
- Serve 175 ml/6 oz of Homestyle Pulled Pork & Beans using a 6 oz spoodle or ladle.
Serve with toast points or a grilled bun (nutritional information not included)
Nutritional Info per 176 g / 6.2 oz
|Calories (49 % from fat)||283 kcal|
|Total Fat||15.3 gm|
|Saturated Fat||6.8 gm|
|Total Dietary Fiber||4.5 gm|
|Vitamin A||48.1 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.8 mg|