219 g/7.7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Dippers (64004)
|Butter (or margarine)||90 mL||3 fl oz|
|Onions, Fresh, Diced||450 g||1 lbs|
|Garlic, Fresh, Minced Fine||18 g||0.6 oz|
|Ginger, Fresh, Minced Fine||90 ml||3 Fl oz|
|Curry Powder (or curry mixture)||75 mL||2.5 fl oz|
|Chili Powder||20 mL||4 tsp|
|Tomatoes, Canned, Diced or Crushed||1.75 L||7.4 cups|
|Tomato Paste, Canned||60 mL||2 fl oz|
|Brown Sugar||50 mL||1.7 fl oz|
|Chicken Dippers||2.25 Kg||5 lbs|
|Cream, 10%||350 mL||1.5 cups|
|Yogurt, Plain||350 mL||1.5 cups|
|Cilantro||25 mL||0.8 Fl oz|
- Melt butter in large saucepan or electric skillet (commercial). Cut onions into dice size desired, fine or coarse. Add onions to the saucepan or electric skillet, and cook at simmer (low) heat until tender and translucent (do not carmelize), stir often. Add garlic, ginger, curry powder and chili powder to onions and saute for several more minutes.
- Prepare the texture of the canned, diced or crushed tomatoes as desired. Either leave as is or crush further in the dish, match to diced onion sizes for consistency. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and brown sugar to the mixture and continue to cook.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, spread out the chicken dippers and bake in a pre-heated 350F (175C) oven and heat the dippers until they have reached an internal temperature of 74C (165F). When hot, add chicken dippers to the simmering mixture, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Prior to serving, add the cream and stir in until incorporated. Finish the dish with the yogurt by stirring it in at the last moment, do not continue to heat further or the yogurt may separate.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro or parsley over the top before serving.
- Alternately, Steps 1 & 2 can be replaced with a commercially available Butter Chicken Sauce. (Nutritional analysis will be different)
Nutritional Info per 219 g/7.7 oz
|Calories (33.0% from fat)||237 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||3.09 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.000 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||3.6 gm|
|Vitamin A||42 RE|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|