142 g/ 5 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pulled Pork (26980)
|Schneiders Pulled Pork||1.75 Kg||3.9 Lbs|
|Romaine Lettuce, Washed/Trimmed, Chopped||800 g||1.8 Lbs|
|Apples, Fresh, Sliced Thin||500 g||1.1 Lbs|
|Red Onions, Diced||75 g||2.7 oz|
|Cranberries, Dried||250 mL||8.5 fl oz|
|Walnuts||200 g||7.1 oz|
|Olive Oil, Extra Virgin||60 mL||2 fl oz|
|Balsamic Vinegar||30 mL||1 fl oz|
|Dijon Mustard||15 mL||1 tbsp|
|Salt||2.5 mL||1/2 tsp|
|White Pepper||1 mL||1/5 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||2.5 mL||1/2 tsp|
- Wash romaine lettuce and apples. Trim and chop romaine lettuce, de-core and slice apples, and peel and finely slice red onions.
- Prepare the salad dressing by adding dijon mustard to a small bowl and whisking in the olive oil. While still whisking, add the balsamic vinegar, salt, white pepper and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl or serving pan, combine the lettuce, apples, cranberries, onions, walnuts and salad dressing. Gently toss the salad until fully dressed.
- Chill salad prior to serving.
- Heat the pork aside from the mixed salad to a temperature of 160 F/70 C. Serve the dish with a portion of the salad on the plate and top with a 60 gm portion of the warm pulled pork. Alternately, the pulled pork could go on the side of the salad.
- Alternately, commercially available salad dressing can replace the dressing ingredients above. (Nutritional analysis will be different)
Serve with garlic bread or crusty dinner roll.
Nutritional Info per 142 g/ 5 oz
|Calories (64.4% from fat)||267 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||5.02 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.000 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||1.7 gm|
|Vitamin A||0 RE|
|Vitamin C||8 mg|