200 g/7.0 oz
Pork, Sliced Deli
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Ready Crisp Pre-Cooked Bacon Strips (#21931)
|Bacon, ckd, chopped||25 slices (100 g)||25 slices (3.5 oz)|
|Potato, whole, peeled||1.25 kg||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Margarine||135 g||4.7 oz|
|Onions, fresh, minced||797 g||1 lb 12 oz|
|Flour, All Purpose||63 g||2.2 oz|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Pepper, Black, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Milk, 2%||1.15 L||4 2/3 cup|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||344 g||12.1 oz|
|Dijon Mustard||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Bread Crumbs, plain||94 g||3.3 oz|
|Margarine, melted||30 g||1 oz|
|Egg, whole, hardboiled, sliced thin||19 each||19 each|
- The day before, thaw the cooked bacon strips under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/177'C
- Spray 2" deep insert pan with cooking spray (ensure the baking dish is shallow). Boil the whole, preboiled potatoes in boiling water. Cook until the potato is tender and drain potatoes. Allow to cook and slice into 0.5cm/0.2" slices. Set aside for later step.
- In medium skillet, melt two thirds of the margarine over medium heat. Add minced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until caramelized about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt one third of the margarine over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, salt and pepper; cook stirring for 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk and stir constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and Dijon mustard; set aside.
- Prepare topping in a small bowl; toss crumbs with melted margarine; set aside.
- Slice the hardboiled eggs into slices and chop the bacon.
- Assemble the Scalloped Bacon & Egg Bake. Layer half of the potatoes slices in the prepared insert pan; top with half of the egg slices and half of the cheese sauce. Sprinkle with half of the coarsely chopped bacon and top with onions. Repeat with remaining potato, egg and sauce layers. Sprinkle the topping over the top.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for ~15-30 minutes until it is bubbly and golden. CCP-cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
Serve with toasted pumpernickel/rye bread and sliced tomatoes (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 200 g/7.0 oz
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Trans Fats||0.36 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||46.03 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.45 mg|
|Calories from Protein||20 %|