Featured Maple Leaf Product: BBQ Pork Rib (72230)
|Ketchup||150 ml||5.1 Fl oz|
|Soy Sauce, Light||85 mL||2.9 Fl oz|
|Brown Sugar||90 mL||3 Fl oz|
|Honey||40 mL||1.4 Fl oz|
|Ginger, Fresh, Minced||5 g||0.2 oz|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||80 mL||2.7 Fl oz|
|Water||275 mL||9.3 Fl oz|
|Cornstarch||30 mL||1 Fl oz|
|Pork Rib (boneless)||25 each||25 each|
- In a pot, place all ingredients except the cornstarch, 30 ml of water and the pork ribs. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- To the cornstarch, add 30 ml of water and stir with a fork until a slurry is formed. Stir in the corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Aside, heat pork ribs on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 F (175C) until they have reached a temperature of 160 F/70C.
- Line pork ribs in a hotel pan and pour sweet and sour sauce over the pork, allow to bake for 10 minutes and serve.
- Alternately, a commercial sweet and sour could replace all ingredients except the pork rib. (Nutritonal analysis will be different)
Serve with basmati rice and whole green beans.
Nutritional Info per 116 g / 4.0 oz
|Calories (49.8% from fat)||211 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||4.50 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.100 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||0.1 gm|
|Vitamin A||3 RE|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|