101 gm (3.5 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: NEW Turkey Breakfast Sausage (60000)
|Turkey Sasuage Links (28 g each)||50 each||50 each|
|Puff Pastry (raw, ready-to-roll)||1 Kg||2.2 lbs|
|Spinach, Fresh, Washed||375 g||13.1 oz|
|Onions, Fresh, Diced||300 g||10.5 oz|
|Garlic, Fresh, Minced||10 g||1/3 oz|
|Oil, Canola||30 ml||1 fl oz|
|Eggs, Raw||2 each||2 each|
|Water||15 ml||1/2 fl oz|
- Heat oil in a pot, saute onions for 5 minutes and add garlic. Saute another 5 minutes and add washed spinach. Turn off stovetop immediately and let cool, spinach will continue to cook as the pan is cooling, set aside to cool, allow liquids to drain away. Combine the eggs and water into a small bowl and set aside with a pastry brush handy.
- Roll out (45 g or 1.5 oz) of puff pastry, making sure it is long enough to place two end-to-end link sausages.
- Build the turkey dish by placing 2 turkey sausage links end-to-end and evenly spread 30 g (1 oz) of the onion-spinach mixture onto each piece of puff pastry. Gently roll the puff pastry into a log, making sure the rolls is not too loose. When you reach the edge of the puff pastry, lightly brush the edge with the egg wash mixture and seal the roll.
- Place the turkey sausage rolls onto a baking sheet, leaving a space between each roll for the dough to rise. Brush the tops lightly with the remaining egg wash and bake in a pre-heated 350 F oven until golden brown. Cook turkey sausage to an internal temperature of 165 F (60 C).
- Garnish with ketchup or salsa (not included in nutritional analysis).
Nutritional Info per 101 gm (3.5 oz)
|Calories (59.8% from fat)||295 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||3.17 g|
|Trans Fat||0.01 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.2 g|
|Vitamin A||17.4 RE|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|