360 g/12.6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Diced Turkey, 1/2″, fully cooked (#64364)
|Diced Turkey, 1/2", cooked||1.5 kg||3.3 lbs|
|Mashed Potatoes, prepared||3.75 L||3 3/4 Quart|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||450 g||16 oz|
|Vegetable Mix, frozen||415 g||15 oz|
|Turkey or Chicken Gravy, reduced sodium, prepared||625 mL||2 1/2 cups|
|Margarine||215 g||8 oz|
|Onions, frozen, diced||275 g||10 oz|
|Celery, fresh, diced||190 g||7 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, diced||200 mL||3/4 cup + 5 tsp|
|Garlic, minced||10 g||0.4 oz|
|Table Salt||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Dried Thyme||20 mL||4 tsp|
|Dry Basil||20 mL||4 tsp|
- Thaw the diced turkey the day before in an insert pan under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to the recipe standards. Add shredded cheddar cheese to the mashed potatoes; stir to combine. Set aside for later step.
- Steam the frozen mixed vegetables until tender, ~4 minutes. Prepare the low-sodium poultry gravy according to the recipe standards.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine. Add diced onion, celery, and carrots and cook until onions are translucent. Add minced garlic, and cook for an additional minute. Add cooked diced turkey, steamed vegetables, gravy, and spices, cooking until heated through. Transfer to a 2" deep full-sized insert pan (12" x 18") pressing into an even layer.
- Spread the cheesy mashed potatoes evenly over the turkey filling.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut full size insert pan into 4 by 6 to yield 24 servings.
- At point of service, serve 1 piece each (3" x 3"). May garnish with fresh or dried parsley.
Serve with sauteed green beans and a warm tea biscuit (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 360 g/12.6 oz
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Trans Fats||0.37 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3.4 g|
|Vitamin A||148 RE|
|Vitamin C||13.9 mg|
|Calories from Protein||21 %|