175 ml/6 oz
Maple Leaf Featured Product: Diced Turkey, 1/2″ Fully Cooked (#64364)
|Olive oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Yellow Onions, fresh, diced||115 g||4 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, sliced||305 g||11 oz|
|Celery, fresh, chopped||165 g||6 oz|
|Mushrooms, fresh, sliced||365 g||13 oz|
|Dried Thyme||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Sweet Paprika||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Margarine||60 mL||1/4 cup|
|All Purpose Flour||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||4.16 L||4 quarts + 2/3 cup|
|Diced Turkey, cooked||545 g||1 lbs 3 oz|
|Egg Noodles, dry||170 g||6 oz|
|Table Cream, 10% M.F.||125 mL||1/2 cup|
- In a large stockpot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms, and cook until they are golden brown. Add the seasonings-thyme and paprika.
- Reduce heat to medium. Scrape the vegetables to one side of the pot and add the margarine to the other side. Let the margarine melt and then stir in the flour. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, about 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Add the remaining broth and bring to a boil. Add the cooked diced turkey; bring the liquid to a boil, then add the egg noodles. Continue cooking until the noodles are almost tender.
- Stir in the frozen peas and cream. Cook until peas are tender. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C is held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve 175 mL/6 oz per serving using a 6 oz ladle. Garnish with parsley.
Serve with your favourite whole wheat sandwich i.e. tomato, cheese & lettuce. May garnish with parmesan cheese (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 175 ml/6 oz
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.7 g|
|Vitamin A||31.8 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||24 %|