1 each (240 g/8.4 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Ready Links, Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage (#64000)
|Pork Breakfast Sausage, FC, skinless, 1 each=22.5 g, thawed||1.15 kg||2 lbs 8.6 oz|
|Granny Smith Apple, 1/4" diced||5 each||5 each|
|RTS Thick Slice White Bread, Cubed||5.55 L||23 1/2 cups|
|Liquid Whole Egg or Large Eggs||1.15 L (21 large eggs)||4 3/4 cups (21 large eggs)|
|2% Milk||1.4 L||5 3/4 cups|
|Ground Cinnamon||20 ml||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.|
|Pancake/Maple Syrup||200 ml||3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp.|
|Soft Margarine||111 g||3.9 oz|
|Pancake/Maple Syrup, warm||100 ml||1/3 cup + 4 tsp.|
- The day before, thaw the precooked breakfast sausage links under refrigeration and maintain <40F/4C.
- Place thawed breakfast sausage links in the food processor and pulse until minced/crumbled. Transfer to a large bowl and hold at <40F/4C.
- Remove the core of the apple and dice/slice thinly into 1/4 inch pieces. Add to the bowl with the sausage. Cut the Italian thick bread slices into 1/2 inch chunks. Transfer to the bowl along with the sausage and apples. Combine and transfer to a greased, 2" deep full size insert pan per 24 servings. Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon; add the maple syrup. Pour evenly over the bread mixture. Cover with lid/plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight at <40F/4C.
- Preheat convection oven to 325F/165C. Remove insert pan from refrigerator while oven heats. Remove the lid and dot margarine over the top of the bread mixture.
- Bake covered with lid/foil for 60 minutes and then bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown and set. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Heat maple syrup in microwave or alternatively in a small pot on the stove and pour over sausage and apple french toast pan once removing it from the oven. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C.
- Cut insert pan into 3.5" by 2.5" portions. At the point of service, may serve with additional maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream. Discard any leftovers.
Serve with fresh fruit and a side of maple syrup (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (240 g/8.4 oz)
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Trans Fats||13.19 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Sugars||15 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||154.23 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.84 mg|
|Calories from Protein||14%|