1 each (201 g/7.1 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Bacon Bits, 1/2 inch diced, Ready to Eat (#13513)
|Vegetable oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Raw ground beef, thawed||1.9 Kg||4 lbs 3 oz|
|Fresh white onions, diced small||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Bacon bits, 1/2" diced||360 g||12.7 oz|
|Mayonnaise||250 mL||1 cup|
|Ketchup||500 mL||2 cup|
|Mustard||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Ground black pepper||10 mL||2 tsp|
|Onion powder||20 mL||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||20 mL||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded||310 g||10.9 oz|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||310 g||10.9 oz|
|Potato Tater Tots, frozen||1.6 Kg||3 lbs 8.4 oz|
- Preheat convection oven to 375'F/190'C.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook ground beef. Crumble ground beef while cooking and cook to an internal temperature of 145'F/63'C.
- Dice fresh onion or alternatively use frozen diced onions and add to the pan with the ground beef and stir well. Continue cooking for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are al dente. Once the ground beef is fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Add three-quarters of the bacon bits, mayo, ketchup, mustard, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to the pan. Save one-quarter of the bacon bits for topping the casserole at a later step. Stir until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Spray a 2" deep insert pan with cooking spray and dump the mixture into the baking pan(s) and spread it out evenly.
- Mix the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle three-quarters of the cheese blend on top of the meat mixture. Save one-quarter of the cheese blend to spread over the potatoes after the casserole has heated in the oven; hold the cheese in the refrigerator at <4'C/40'F until later step.
- Place the frozen tater tots in a single layer in rows on top of the cheese.
- Place the pan(s) in the preheated oven and bake the casserole for ~30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160'F/71'C for a minimum of 15 seconds. After 35 minutes, remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese blend over the tater tots followed by remaining bacon bits. Return casserole to the oven and continue baking until the cheese on top is completely melted and just starting to brown ~6-8 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes. At point of service, may garnish with sliced green onion or chopped parsley. Cut pan into 3" by 4" servings and serve 1 each (201g/7.1 oz) per serving.
Serve with toasted baguette and steamed vegetables, may garnish with sliced green onion or chopped parsley (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (201 g/7.1 oz)
|Calories from protein||21%|
|Total fat||27 g|
|Saturated fat||8 g|
|Trans fat||0 g|
|Vitamin A||26.45 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg|