120 g/4.2 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Ready Crisp Pre-Cooked Bacon Strips (#21931)
|Bacon, ckd, 1 slice = 4 g||25 slices (100 g)||25 slices (3.5 oz)|
|Leeks, fresh, diced small||188 g||6.6 oz|
|Potato, whole, peeled, grated||475 g||1 lb 1 oz|
|Oil, Canola||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Egg, Shell Medium or Liquid Eggs||38 each/1.750 L||38 each/7 cups|
|Cream, Half & Half 10% milkfat||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Pepper, Black, Grd||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Rosemary, dried||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Parsley, dried||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Garlic Powder||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Onion Powder||5 ml||1 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the cooked bacon strips under refrigeration at 40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 425'F/220'C.
- Dice the white and light green parts of the leek and grate raw, pre-peeled potatoes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add grated potato and stir for about 5 minutes. Stir in leeks and chopped, cooked bacon; cook stirring for ~5 minutes or until leeks start to become golden; set aside in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream and spices.
- Pour the whisked eggs onto a greased sheet pan and sprinkle on the potato/leek and bacon mixture. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds.
Serve with fresh fruit and toasted buttered whole grain bread (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 120 g/4.2 oz
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fats||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Sugars||0 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||156.24 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.16 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27 %|