1 each & 30 mls beef au jus (216 g/7.6 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Fully Cooked Pulled Beef (#26985)
|Pulled Beef, Fully Cooked||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Mayonnaise||250 ml||1 cup|
|Horseradish, prepared||60 ml||1/2 cup|
|Sour Cream||20 ml||1 Tbsp 1 tsp|
|Lemon Juice||20 ml||1 Tbsp 1 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Beef Broth, prepared, Reduced Sodium||500 ml||2 cups|
|Submarine Bun, whole wheat or French Stick, 12 inch (240 g/8.4 oz)||8 1/3 bun||8 1/3 bun|
|Margarine||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Beef Au Jus, prepared||750 ml||3 cups|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||500 g||500 g|
- The day before, remove cooked pulled beef from the freezer and thaw under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F. Preheat convection oven at 325'F/165'C.
- Prepare Horseradish Cream Sauce at least 30 minutes before assembling the sandwich for the flavours to blend. Mix the mayonnaise, horseradish, sour cream, lemon juice and garlic powder in a bowl until completely blended. Cover and place under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until assembly of the sandwich.
- Place cooked pulled beef in insert pan and break apart. Pour prepared Beef Broth over beef. Cover with lid/foil. Heat for ~ 15 minutes or until internal temperatures reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Heat Beef Au Jus in a saucepan. CCP-Maintain >140'F/60'C.
- Cut 12" submarine buns or french stick into three (4" length pieces). Slice in half and place on baking sheet. Butter the top side of the bun with 5 mls/1 tsp margarine and the bottom side of the bun with 15 mls/1 Tbsp Horseradish Cream Sauce. Place 60 grams/2.1 oz warmed pulled beef on top of the sauce; top with 10 grams of shredded mozzarella cheese. Heat in a preheated convection oven at 325'F/165'C until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- Cut in half and serve along with 30 mls of beef au jus in a portion cup for dipping.
Serve with roasted potato wedges and steamed broccoli (sides not included in the nutritional analysis).
Nutritional Info per 1 each & 30 mls beef au jus (216 g/7.6 oz)
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.0 g|
|Total Sugar||2.5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.7 g|
|Vitamin A||25 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Calories from Protein||26 %|