1 each (1/6th = 224 g/7.9 oz)
Maple Leaf Featured Product: Ready Links, Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage (#64000)
|Pork Breakfast Sausage, FC, skinless, each=22.5 g, thawed||25 each (563 g)||25 each (1 lb 4 oz)|
|9 inch Pie Shell||4.17 each||4.17 each|
|Liquid Whole Egg or Large Eggs||1.075 L (21 large eggs)||4 1/3 cup (21 large eggs)|
|2% Milk||810 ml||3 1/3 cups|
|Fresh Baby Spinach, chopped||1.5 kg||3 lbs 4.9 oz|
|Cheddar Cheese, Shredded||313 g||11 oz|
|Garlic Powder||15 ml||1 Tbsp.|
|Ground Black Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp.|
|Medium Fresh Tomatoes, sliced||3 each||3 each|
- The day before, thaw the precooked breakfast sausage links under refrigeration and maintain <40F/4C.
- Preheat the convection oven to 425'F/220'C.
- Place the frozen 9 inch deep pie shells on a baking sheet and cover with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425F/220C for 8 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir in chopped spinach, cheese, garlic powder, and pepper. Carefully pour into crust.
- Slice tomatoes into thin slices and cut into half (half-moon shape). Arrange 6 cooked breakfast sausage links in a spoke pattern in egg mixture; place half tomato slices between links.
- Place quiche uncovered in a preheated convection oven at 325F/165C for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C until service.
- lice each 9-inch quiche pie into 6 servings. At the point of service, may garnish with a dollop (5 mls/1 tsp) of sour cream or sprinkle dried/fresh chopped parsley. S
Serve with fresh fruit and homefries (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (1/6th = 224 g/7.9 oz)
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Trans Fats||8.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Total Sugars||4 g|
|Total Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||411.05 RE|
|Vitamin C||19.55 mg|
|Calories from Protein||16%|