200 g / 7.0 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Shawarma (Halal) (15154)
|Chicken Shawarma (Halal)||1.5 Kg||3.3 Lbs|
|Red Bell Peppers, diced, frozen||170 g||6 oz|
|Green Squash, chopped, frozen||255 g||9 oz|
|Canola Oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Romaine Lettuce, chopped||170 g||6 oz|
|Pita Bread||25 Each||25 Each|
|Plain Yogurt, Low Fat||400 mL||1.7 cups|
|Cucumber, fresh, shredded, drained||250 mL||1.1 cups|
|Garlic, Minced||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Lemon Juice||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Green Onions, chopped||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Dill, dry||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper||5 mL||1 tsp|
|Salt||5 mL||1 tsp|
- Preheat convection or combi oven to 325 F. Ensure that the chicken shawarma is defrosted fully. Place the chicken shawarma onto a parchment lined baking sheet, make sure not to overlap or place on top of each other.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on the heat of the oven. Ensure that the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C). Reserve
- On a separate parchment lined baking sheet, toss the bell peppers, green squash and canola oil together. Roast for 10-12 minutes, depending on the heat of the oven. Reserve until service.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, green onions, dill, black pepper and salt. Mix to combine, chill and reserve for service.
- Steam or heat the pita bread for 1 minute to make it pliable and easy to wrap the ingredients around. Garnish the pita bread with cucumber dressing, then add the chicken, roasted vegetables and lettuce. Roll, cut in half and serve.
Nutritional Info per 200 g / 7.0 oz
|Calories (23.6% from fat)||350 kcal|
|Saturated Fat||2.44 gm|
|Trans Fat||0.004 gm|
|Dietary Fiber||3.7 gm|
|Vitamin A||0 RE|
|Vitamin C||16 mg|