218 g/7.6 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Country Sausage (#64003)
|Country Sausage, fully cooked, skinless, 55 g||25 each (1.375 kg)||25 each (3 lbs)|
|White Bread, thick slices or loaf, cut into 1" cubes||720 g||25.3 oz|
|Margarine, melted||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||500 ml||2 cups|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||500 ml||2 cups|
|White Onion, fresh, chopped fine||1 each||1 each|
|Red Sweet Peppers, chopped fine||1 each||1 each|
|Liquid Whole Eggs OR Large Eggs||1.125 L (or 24 eggs)||5 cups (or 24 eggs)|
|Milk, 2%||1 L||4 cups|
|Mustard, dry powder||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
- The day before, thaw cooked country sausages in the refrigerator at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- Cut thawed fully cooked skinless sausages into 1/2 inch/6 cm slices.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/162'C. Spray a full size, 2" deep insert pan with cooking spray. Cut the white bread into 1"/2.5 cm cubes. Layer half of the bread cubes on the bottom of the insert pan and then layer half of the sausage slices on top; repeat layers.
- Melt margarine and drizzle over bread/sausage layer. Top with shredded cheeses, chopped onion and then the chopped red peppers.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper, Pour over casserole, Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Uncover and bake for 35 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Do not cover with foil if it is not too dark in colour. Cook until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean and to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C for at least 15 seconds. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the full size insert pan into 4" by 2" pieces and serve 1 each per serving.
Serve with tomato slices or baked tomatoes halves and wholegrain toast (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 218 g/7.6 oz
|Total Fat||33.1 g|
|Saturated Fat||13.1 g|
|Total Sugar||4.8 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.3 g|
|Vitamin A||167.6 RE|
|Vitamin C||9.4 mg|
|Calories from Fat||63 %|