250 g/8.7 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Country Sausage, skinless, fully cooked, 55 g each (#64003)
|Country Sausage, skinless, fully cooked, 55 g each||2.750 kg (50 each)||6 lbs (50 each)|
|Apples, fresh, diced||850 g||30 oz|
|Plum Tomatoes, fresh, diced||1.2 L||4 3/4 cups|
|White Onions, fresh, diced||300 g||10.5 oz|
|White Vinegar||125 mL||1/2 cup|
|Sweet Onion Vinaigrette Dressing||1 L||4 cups|
|Worcestershire Sauce||10 mL||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw Country Sausage under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Place Country Sausage on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook at 325'F/165'C for 7 minutes per side or for a total of 15 minutes. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds. Transfer to an insert pan and cover with lid.
- Meanwhile, place diced apples and diced plum tomatoes in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir frequently to break up tomatoes.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the saucepan along with the vinegar, the sweet onion vinaigrette, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low; simmer for one hour or until thick. Hold until service at >140'F/60'C.
- At point of service, serve 2 country sausage per serving and ladle over 1 oz/30 ml of the apple relish.
Serve with mashed potatoes, buttered brussel sprouts and toasted garlic bread (sides not included in the nutritional information)