2 x 1/2's
Featured Maple Leaf Product: 1/2 ” Diced Chicken, cooked, white (#43848)
|Diced Chicken, cooked, thawed||1.250 kg||2 lbs 12 oz|
|Green Onions, chopped||250 g||8 oz|
|Mayonnaise||660 ml||2 2/3 cups|
|Sour Cream||250 ml||1 cup|
|Celery, fresh, finely diced||500 ml||2 cups|
|Dried Cranberries, sweetened||250 ml||1 cup|
|Gala Apples, diced into small pieces||500 ml||2 cups|
|Almonds, sliced, toasted||160 ml||2/3 cup|
|Parsley, dried||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Dill Weed, dried||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Margarine, soft||250 ml||1 cup|
|Multigrain Bread, sliced, (38 g)||50 slices||50 slices|
|Iceberg Lettuce, chopped||325 g||11 oz|
- The day before, thaw the diced chicken in a slotted pan under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Mix the mayonnaise, and sour cream together in a bowl. Chop the diced chicken and add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. CCP: Maintain at <40'F/4'C until ready to assemble sandwich.
- Place half of the bread slices down on a clean surface. Spread 1 tsp/5 mls of margarine using a spreader on each slice of bread. Place a #6 scoop of prepared cran-apple chicken salad filling on bread slice and spread. Place one slice of buttered multigrain bread on top of filling, Place in insert pan, cover with wrap and hold at <40'F/4'C until service.
- At point of service, cut each sandwich into half on the diagonal. Serve 2 x 1/2's each per serving.
Serve with raw vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, peppers, & grape tomatoes) and ranch dip (sides not included in the nutritional information)