Featured Maple Leaf Products:
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 7″ 5/lb (#13676)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 6″ 6/lb (#13633)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wiener 6″ 10/lb (#13641)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 5″ 12/lb (#13404)
|Wieners, Roller Grills, thawed||2.25 kg||4.95 lbs|
|Phyllo Dough Sheets, (1 sheet =26 g/~1 oz), thawed||8.33 sheets (217 g)||8.33 sheets (7.6 oz)|
|Margarine, melted||250 ml||1 cup|
|Parmesan Cheese, grated||520 ml||2 cups + 4 tsp|
|Fresh Thyme, fresh, chopped fine||60 ml||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the wieners under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Remove the phyllo sheets from the freezer and allow them to rest at room temperature. Preheat convection oven to 375'F/74'C.
- Place a phyllo sheet on a clean surface. Cut the sheet in thirds lengthwise. Brush 1/3 sheet of phyllo with melted margarine, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and thyme.
- Place hotdog at the bottom of the phyllo and roll it as tightly as possible. Place the rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet so that the seam of the phyllo faces downward to prevent it from unraveling while cooking. Brush top of the roll with melted margarine.
- Repeat with remaining hotdogs. Place in oven and bake for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before cutting.
- At point of service, cut phyllo wrapped hotdog in half vertically. Serve 2 each along with 2 tsp/10 mls of prepared mustard.
Serve with mustard, kale coleslaw and sliced tomatoes (sides not included in the nutritional information).