1 each (200 g/7 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Broiled Meatballs, 10 g each (#40118)
|Maple Leaf Meatballs, broiled, 10 g each, thawed||1.5 kg||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Margarine||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Onions, fresh, sliced||780 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
|Table Salt||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Sugar||15 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Beef Gravy, low sodium, prepared||750 ml||3 cups|
|Hoagie Bun or Submarine Bun, 3" length, 55 g each||25 each||25 each|
|Garlic Spread, RTS||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Swiss Cheese, shredded||250 g||8.8 oz|
- The day before thaw the meatballs in steam table pan under refrigeration at <4'C/40'F.
- Prepare the caramelized onions. In a large skillet, heat the margarine on medium heat until melted. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring until softened and lightly browned; about 10 minutes. If the onion begins to brown too quickly, turn the heat down to medium-low. After 10 minutes, add salt, sugar and cook for an additional 2 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare the beef gravy according to package directions. Add the thawed meatballs and heat for 8-10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and add caramelized onions.
- Slice the buns in half and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread 1 tsp/5 mls of garlic spread on the top side of the bun.
- Place 6 meatballs with gravy/caramelized onion mixture on the bottom of each bun. Sprinkle 10 g of shredded swiss cheese on top of the meatballs. Place in a convection oven at 325'F/165'F for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with parsley and cut the sandwich in half.
Serve with slices of tomato and honey glazed carrots (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (200 g/7 oz)
|Total Fat||19.4 g|
|Trans Fats||0.01 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.1 g|
|Vitamin A||78.47 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.31 mg|
|Calories from Protein||18 %|