229 g/8.1 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Burns Easy Carve Bone-In Smoked Ham (#64696)
|Alfredo Sauce Mix, dry mix||155 g||5.4 oz|
|Milk, 2%||1.625 L||6 1/2 cups|
|Margarine, soft||60 ml||1/2 cup|
|Bow Tie Pasta, dry||840 g||1 lb 13 oz|
|Asparagus, fresh, cut into 3/4 inch pieces||625 g||1 lb 6 oz|
|Green Peas, frozen||375 g||13 oz|
|Easy Carve Smoked Ham, fully cooked, diced into 3/4" pieces||1.875 kg||4 lbs 2 oz|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
- Prepare the cream garlic alfredo sauce according to package directions using dry mix, milk and margarine. Keep warm at >140'F/60'C.
- Cook the bow tie pasta noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Add the asparagus pieces and the frozen peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking the pasta and al dente. Drain the pasta and asparagus well. Rinse with cold water. Alternatively, steam fresh asparagus and frozen peas in slotted insert pan and cook in a steamer for ~2 minutes or tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the ham pieces over medium heat in oil for 3-4 minutes until golden. Add the prepared cream sauce and heat until it reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Toss the hot drained pasta, asparagus and peas with the ham and cream mixture; stir in parmesan cheese and season with pepper.
- Serve 250 mls per serving and may garnish with an additional sprinkle of parmesan cheese and dried parsley.
Serve with tossed garden salad and toasted garlic bread (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 229 g/8.1 oz
|Total Fat||17.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.4 g|
|Total Sugar||6.8 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2.2 g|
|Vitamin A||70.8 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.1 mg|
|Calories from Protein||22 %|