285 g/10 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Pork Drummies, fully cooked (#30298)
|Pork Drummies, cooked, thawed||25 each (2.850 kg)||25 each 6 lbs 4 oz)|
|Olive Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|White Onions, fresh, sliced||770 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
|Bacon, Sliced, 16/18, low sodium, diced||665 g||1 lbs 7 oz|
|Carrots, fresh, chopped||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Gala Apple, medium, cored & diced||6 each||6 each|
|Applesauce, unsweetened||750 ml||3 cups|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Bay Leaf||6 leaf||6 leaf|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Thyme, dried||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Rosemary, dried||10 ml||2 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the pork drummies under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot on medium heat, Add sliced onions, and diced bacon, Cook, stirring frequently until the bacon and onions are browned about 10-15 minutes.
- Peel carrots and chop into 1/2" pieces. Wash apple, core and cut into 1" pieces; set aside.
- Add the pork drummies, apples, carrots, applesauce, chicken broth, dijon mustard, and bay leaves. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Bring to a simmer and place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer slowly until the pork dummies are tender about 1 hour. CCP: Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 1 pork drummie each along with 45 mls/3.5 oz of the cooked vegetable mixture.
Serve over steamed rice or with mashed potatoes and buttered brussel sprouts (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 285 g/10 oz
|Total Fat||20.5 g|
|Trans Fats||0.08 g|
|Saturated Fat||6.7 g|
|Total Sugars||11 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||1.99 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.37 mg|
|Calories from Protein||34 %|