1 each (209 g/7.4 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Sure Slice Roast Beef, whole muscle sliced beef, 3 x 1 kg (#21333)
|Sure Slice Roast Beef, deli meat, 2 sliced=48 g||1.2 kg||2 lbs 10.3 oz|
|Beef Broth, RTS, reduced sodium||875 ml||3 1/2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||66 g||2.3 oz|
|Dill Pickle Spears, drained, chopped||438 g||15.5 oz|
|Tomatoes, fresh, medium, chopped||250 g||8.8 oz|
|Zesty Italian Dressing||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Hoagie Bun, Whole Grain, 52 g each||25 each||25 each|
|Provolone Cheese, sliced, 20 g each||500 g||1 lb 1.6 oz|
- Preheat convection oven at 300'F/150'C.
- Place roast beef deli meat in an insert pan and pour prepared low sodium beef broth over beef along with minced garlic. Cover with lid/foil. Heat at 300'F/150'C in a convection oven for ~20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- Drain dill pickles, chop into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Chop fresh tomatoes and place in the same bowl. Add italian dressing to the pickles and tomatoes and mix. Cover with wrap and set aside.
- Cut hoagie bun in half (if not already cut) and place on a baking sheet.
- To build each sandwich: Place split buns on baking sheet and place 2 slices (48 g) of the warmed deli roast beef on the bottom of bun, followed by 1 slice (20 g) of provolone cheese on top and leave open. Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and transfer to an insert pan. Close the sandwich with the other half of the bun. Hold at >140'F/60'C until service.
- At point of service, open top of bun and place 30 mls/2 Tbsp of dill pickle/tomato mixture on top. Close up bun and serve immediately.
- Serve hot. Serve 1 bun each.
Serve with a tossed garden salad or a mayonnaise based pasta salad (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (209 g/7.4 oz)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Trans Fats||0.27 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||9.01 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.71 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27 %|