1 each (2.5" x 3.5")
154 g/5.4 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Bacon Chips, Fully Cooked, 1 inch (#13509)
|Thick Slice White Bread, cubed||4.2 L||17 3/4 cup|
|Bacon Chips, 1 inch, fully cooked||625 g||1 lb 6 oz|
|Liquid whole eggs||850 mL||3 2/3 cup|
|2% milk||1.05 L||4 1/2 cup|
|Brown sugar||200 g||7 oz|
|Ground cinnamon||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Maple syrup||325 ml||1 1/3 cup|
- Grease 2" deep insert pan for 24 servings with cooking spray. Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and spread evenly in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle two-thirds of the cooked bacon chips over the bread. Hold the remaining bacon chips for a later step.
- In a large bow, whisk together the liquid eggs, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon; add the table/maple syrup. Pour evenly over the bread mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining bacon chops. Cover with lid/plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight at <4C/40F.
- Preheat the convection oven to 325F/165C.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and allow it to rest at room temperature. Remove the lid and place it in the oven.
- Bake uncovered for ~50-60 minutes until golden brown, set, and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C.
- Cut full-size insert pan into 3.5" by 2.5" portions. At the point of service, serve 1 each and may serve with additional table/maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream.
Serve with fresh berries and a dollop of whipped cream (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 154 g/5.4 oz
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Calories coming from Protein||14 %|