1 each (205 g/2.7 oz)
Featured Maple leaf Products:
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 7″ 5/lb (#13676)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 6″ 6/lb (#13633)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 6″ 10/lb (#13641)
Schneiders Roller Grill Wieners 5″ 12/lb (#13404)
|Roller Grill Wieners, thawed||25 each (2.250 Kg)||25 each (4.95 lbs)|
|Hot Dog Buns||25 each||25 each|
|Pizza Sauce||750 mL||3 cups|
|Italian Seasoning, dried||20 mL||4 tsp|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||540 g||1 lb 3 oz|
|Pepperoni, sliced, cut into 1/4's||125 g||4.4 oz|
|Bacon Bits/Pieces, cooked||60 g||2.1 oz|
|Fresh Basil, chopped||20 mL||4 tsp|
- The day before, thaw roller grill wieners under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- In a large pot, fill halfway with water and bring to a boil. Place all meat wieners in boiling water. Reduce heat, simmer 3-5 minutes. Do not boil or pierce skins to avoid splitting. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Heat convection oven to 400'F/200'C.
- Line a 2" deep insert pan with parchment paper and place hot dog buns side by side.
- Spoon half the pizza sauce into the base of each bun. Place cooked wieners over top pizza sauce followed by spooning remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle cheese over wieners and top with bacon bits and pepperoni. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes or until pepperoni is starting to crisp and cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.
Serve with side warmed spaghetti sauce and a Caesar salad (sides not included in the nutritional information).