293 g/10.3 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Fully Cooked Pulled Pork (#26980)
|Pulled Pork, fully cooked, thawed, 1 bag=1.135 kg||1.8 kg||4 lbs|
|Diced Tomatoes, canned||775 ml||3 cups + 2 Tbsp|
|Kidney Beans, canned, rinsed and drained||625 ml||2 1/2 cups|
|Black Beans, canned, rinsed and drained||625 ml||2 1/2 cups|
|Frozen, Whole Kernel Corn, thawed||800 ml||3 1/4 cups|
|Mild Salsa, RTS||500 ml||2 cups|
|Garlic, minced||25 ml||1 Tbsp 2 tsp|
|Mild Chili Powder||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Cilantro, fresh, chopped fine||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Water, tap||2.3 L||9 1/4 cups|
|Potato Pearls, dry||450 g||1 lb|
- The day before, thaw pulled pork under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C or lower.
- Preheat the convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Chop pulled pork into bite-size pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped pork, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, thawed corn, salsa, garlic, chili powder, and cilantro. Transfer mixture into a greased 2" deep insert pan(s) and pat down with a spatula to ensure an even surface. One full-size (12" x 18") pan yields 16 servings.
- Prepare mashed potatoes (25 servings of shepherd's pie requires 3.125 L/12 1/2 cups of prepared mashed potatoes). Prepare the potato pearls according to the recipe standard or alternatively prepare mashed potatoes from fresh potatoes. Pour hot water into a 6" deep steam table pan. Add dry potato pearls an stir for 15 seconds. Let stand for 5 minutes, stir, and hold until the next step.
- Top the meat mixture with prepared mashed potatoes and spread using a fork, creating a wave pattern. Alternatively, pipe whipped potatoes on top of the prepared meat mixture and pipe in a line.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for ~ 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are light brown and an internal temperature of 160'C/71'C held for at least 15 seconds is reached.
Serve with sautéed medley or green/yellow/orange & red peppers and tossed garden salad.
Nutritional Info per 293 g/10.3 oz
|Total Dietary Fibre||4 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fat||0.07 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Vitamin A||48.84 RE|
|Vitamin C||5.61 mg|
|Calories from Protein||30 %|