281 g/9.9 oz
Maple Leaf Featured Product: Chicken Leg Bone-In Back Attached (IQF) (#26352)
|Chicken Leg Quarters, BI, Back Attached, IQF||25 each (6.95 kg)||25 each (15 lbs 15 oz)|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Canola Oil||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Apple Juice||250 ml||1 cup|
|Chicken Broth||500 ml||2 cups|
|Balsamic Vinegar||250 ml||1 cup|
|Apricot Jam||500 ml||2 cups|
|Apricots, dried, cut into 1/2" pieces||285 g||10 oz|
- The day before, thaw the chicken quarters under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until ready to continue.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Season both sides of the chicken quarters with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown, about 4 minutes. Flip and brown the other side, another 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and transfer to a 2" deep insert pan(s).
- Cut apricots in half and set aside. Add the apple juice and deglaze the pan, scraping up and browned bits stuck to the pan. Bring to a simmer and add the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, apricot jam and dried apricots. Simmer for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Pour prepared moroccan glaze over browned chicken leg quarters. Cover with lid or foil and place in the oven. Roast with lid on for ~30-40 minutes. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, transfer the sauce from the insert pan(s) to a stockpot and increase the heat to medium-high; reduce the sauce until slightly thickened about 8-10 minutes. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve with couscous or rice.
Serve with couscous or rice and steamed seasonal vegetables i.e. green beans, broccoli, carrots (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 281 g/9.9 oz
|Total Fat||30 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Trans Fats||0 g|
|Total Sugars||9 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||153.2 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.3 mg|
|Calories from Protein||30 %|