277 g/9.8 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Chicken Leg, Bone-In, Back Attached (IQF), 278 g/199 g edible (#26352)
|Chicken Legs, Back Attached, BI, IQF,(278 g/9.8 oz)||25 each (6.95 kg)||25 each (15 lbs 5 oz)|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Salt, table||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Honey||600 ml||2 1/2 cups|
|Orange Juice||650 ml||2 2/3 cups|
|Margarine, melted||400 ml||1 2/3 cups|
|Garlic, minced||28 g||1 oz|
|Rosemary, fresh, chopped fine||25 g||1 oz|
- Two days before, thaw chicken quarters under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C until ready to continue. The day before marinate the chicken overnight under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, black pepper and place in a 2" deep insert pan in a single layer. Prepare the marinade in a bowl: whisk together the honey, orange juice, melted margarine, finely chopped rosemary, and minced garlic. Pour orange mixture over chicken, cover with plastic wrap or lid and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Place insert pan with chicken leg quarters and orange rosemary marinade in the oven. Roast (with no lid on) for ~50-60 minutes. Baste chicken with pan juices every ~20 minutes until chicken is a deep orange brown color, no longer pink at the bone and juices run clear. Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Serve 1 leg each with orange rosemary sauce on top.
Serve with a tossed green salad and roasted potatoes (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 277 g/9.8 oz
|Total Fat||42 g|
|Trans Fats||0.15 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Total Sugars||29 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0 g|
|Vitamin A||82 RE|
|Vitamin C||3.2 mg|
|Calories from protein||23%|