1/8th pizza (135 g/4.7 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Maple Leaf Fully Cooked Shaved Steak (#33548)
|Shaved Steak, fully cooked, thawed||750 g||1 lbs 10 oz|
|Margarine||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Milk, 2%||400 ml||1 cup 2/3 cup|
|Garlic, Fresh, crushed||25 g||~1 oz|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Ground Pepper||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Nutmeg, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Parmesan Cheese, grated||155 ml||1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp|
|Green Peppers, thinly sliced||230 g||8 oz|
|Onions, fresh, thinly sliced||165 g||6 oz|
|Mushrooms, fresh, thinly sliced||230 g||8 oz|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||420 g||15 oz|
|Pizza Crust, parbaked, thin, 10 inch, (300 grams each)||4 each||4 each|
- The day before, thaw the shaved steak in a 2' deep slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C or lower.
- Preheat convection oven to 425'F/220'C. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute or until it smells like baked pie dough, While whisking, slowly stream in the cold milk. Add the crushed garlic and allow the sauce to come to a gentle simmer. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove the sauce from heat and whisk in the parmesan cheese. Allow the sauce to cook for 5-10 minutes; set aside.
- Prepare the raw vegetables: cut the peppers into thin strips, the onions in thin strips and cut the mushrooms into thin slices. Set aside to assemble the pizza.
- Place the pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread the cooled prepared sauce over the crust. Top with the cooked steak, raw vegetables and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for ~ 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Cut each 12-inch pizza into 8 slices. Serve 1 slice each (135 grams) each.
Serve with tossed mixed green salad or caesar salad (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1/8th pizza (135 g/4.7 oz)
|Total Fat||10.1 g|
|Trans Fats||0.27 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.4 g|
|Total Sugars||2.4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.91 g|
|Vitamin A||43.7 RE|
|Vitamin C||1.73 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27 %|