Featured Maple Leaf Product: Burns Easy Carve Bone-In Smoked Ham (#64696)
|Bone-In Smoked Ham, Easy Carve||2.250 kg||5 lbs|
|Pineapple Rings, drained OR Fresh Pineapple Rings||500 ml||2 cups|
|Maraschino Cherries, drained||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Pineapple Juice||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Brown Sugar||250 ml||1 cup|
- Preheat convection oven to 350'F/150'C . Bake carved ham for ~18-20 minutes per lb/0.5 kg.
- Place ham fat side up on a rack in baking pan. Score the top fat and sides of carved ham in diamond pattern cutting only a 1/4" deep with a knife about every 2 inches. Place 1/2 cup/125 ml of water in the pan.
- Drain pineapple rings and save juice for glaze. Pin the pineapple rings onto the ham with toothpicks, Pin the maraschino cherries inside of the pineapple rings onto the ham and pin with a toothpick. Cover the ham with foil and place in the oven.
- While the ham is cooking, in a small pot mix the pineapple juice and brown sugar together. Cook on medium heat and bring to a boil; cool until slightly thickened.
- One hour before the ham is cooked, pour about half the glaze evenly over the ham and pineapple; cover with foil. Pour the remaining half of the glaze over the ham, 30 minutes before the ham is completely cooked. Ensure the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145'F/63'C for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 90 grams per serving.
Serve with scalloped potatoes and buttered green beans or green peas (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 90 g
|Total Fat||11.7 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.1 g|
|Total Sugar||19.4 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.35 g|
|Vitamin A||2.22 RE|
|Vitamin C||8.52 mg|
|Calories from Fat||44 %|