1 each (220 g/7.8 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Boneless Pork Chop 3.5 oz
|Pork chop, boneless, raw, 85 g/3 oz||25 each (2.125 kg)||25 each (4 lbs 11 oz)|
|Canola Oil||135 ml||1/2 cup + 2 tsp|
|Table Salt||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Garlic Powder||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Onions, fresh, sliced||150 g||5 oz|
|Green onions, slice green part only into 1" pieces||75 g||3 oz|
|Garlic, minced||40 g||1 oz|
|Diced Tomatoes, Low Sodium, canned||1.2 L||42 oz|
|Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes, canned||1.2 L||42 oz|
|Red Wine Vinegar||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Brown Sugar||125 ml||1/2 cup|
- The day before, thaw pork chops under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Preheat convection oven to 300'F/150'C.
- In a large skillet or grill top with high heat, add canola oil. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brown each side of pork chop for ~2 minutes per side. Remove and place in baking pan(s).
- Cut the onions into thin rings. Cut the green onions, and just use the greens; slice into 1 inch/2.54 cm pieces. Mince the garlic. In a skillet, add onion rings, green onion pieces, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Lower the heat to medium and add both types of diced tomatoes. Stir in red wine vinegar and brown sugar. Simmer for a few minutes until warm.
- Remove the tomato mixture from the heat. Evenly divide the tomato sauce and pour equally over each pan of browned pork chops. Stir to coat. Cover with foil and bake for ~30 minutes to finish cooking the pork chops. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 160'F/71'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 1 pork chop per serving with 2 oz ladle/60 ml of the fire-roasted tomato sauce on top.
Serve with roasted potato wedges or mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli/green vegetable (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (220 g/7.8 oz)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.4 g|
|Total Sugar||8.0 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||1.6 g|
|Vitamin A||22 RE|
|Vitamin C||11.3 mg|
|Calories from Protein||38 %|