Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Natural Pulled Pork (#26980)
|Cooked Natural Pulled Pork||2.25 kg||5 lbs|
|Cooking Onions (chopped fine)||500 ml||2 cups|
|Minced Garlic||60 mls||4 Tbsp|
|BBQ Sauce||250 ml||1 cup|
|Sweetened Applesauce (or Apple Butter)||250 ml||1 cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||60 mls||4 Tbsp|
|Black Ground Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Apples, sliced, frozen (or fresh, chopped peeled apples)||750 ml/320 g||3 cups/11 oz|
- Thaw 2 bags(1.135 kg) of fully cooked pulled pork in a 2 inch deep insert pan in the refrigerator over night at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- Clean and chop onions into fine pieces. Mince fresh garlic and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, sweetened applesauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, dijon mustard, minced garlic and black ground pepper.
- Grease a 2" deep full size insert pan. Open 2 bag(s) of pulled pork and dump into the pan; ensure all pork is shredded apart. Place frozen sliced apples and finely chopped onions into pan with pork. Pour over sauce mixture and gently mix all ingredients together. Cover pan with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in convection oven at 400'F/200'C for ~ 30 minutes and then remove lid/foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C and held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve ~90 grams per serving using tongs.
Serve over mashed potatoes or steamed rice and a colourful vegetable ie steamed broccoli, green beans or brussel sprouts (sides not included in the nutritional analysis)
Nutritional Info per 90 grams
|Total Fat||14.9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5.7 g|
|Total Sugar||10.8 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||0.75 g|
|Vitamin A||17.9 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.25 mg|
|Calories from Fat||50 %|