8 oz ladle (315 g/11 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Fully Cooked Pulled Pork (#26980)
|Pulled Pork, fully cooked (26980)||1.6 kg||3 lbs 8 oz|
|Corn, Whole Kernel, Frz (thaw for recipe)||270 g||9.5 oz|
|Onion, fresh, diced small||270 g||9.5 oz|
|Kidney Beans, canned, rinsed and drained||1.5 L||6 cups|
|Black Beans, canned, rinsed and drained||350 ml||1 1/3 cup|
|Mushroom Pieces, canned, drained||800 ml||3 1/4 cups|
|Diced Tomatoes, canned||2.2 L||8 3/4 cup|
|Tomato Sauce, Low Sodium, canned||950 ml||3 3/4 cup|
|Chili Powder||40 ml||2 Tbsp + 2 tsp|
|Cumin Powder||20 ml||1 1/3 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw pulled pork and frozen corn under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C or lower.
- Preheat the convection oven to 400'F/200'C.
- Prepare the fresh onion and dice into small pieces. Set aside for a later step. Drain and rinse the kidney beans, black beans, and canned sliced mushrooms.
- In a 6" deep full-size insert pan (12" x 18"), combine pulled pork, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, mushrooms, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. Stir gently. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for ~90 minutes. Ensure an internal temperature of 160F/71C is reached and held for at least 15 seconds.
Serve with garlic toast or buttered crusty roll. May garnish with sour cream and parsley.
Nutritional Info per 8 oz ladle (315 g/11 oz)
|Total Dietary Fibre||7 g|
|Total Sugars||7 g|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Trans Fat||0.03 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Vitamin A||44.61 RE|
|Vitamin C||13.27 mg|
|Calories from Protein||29 %|