350 g/12.3 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Schneiders Natural Pulled Pork (#26980)
|Schneiders Pulled Pork, Cooked||1.12 Kg||2.46 Lbs|
|Potato and Cheese Perogies, prepared, frozen||3 Kg||6.6 Lbs|
|Water (absorbed into perogies during cooking)||4 L||5 Quarts|
|Canola Oil||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Onions, diced, frozen||140 g||4.9 oz|
|Sauerkraut, prepared, drained||140 g||4.9 oz|
|Green Onions||60 g||2 oz|
|Black Pepper||30 mL||2 Tbsp|
|Mozzarella Cheese, shredded||500 mL||2.2 cups|
- Two days before, thaw cooked pulled pork in the refrigerator at 40'F/4'C or lower.
- Preheat convection or combi oven to roast at 375 F. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Season with salt when boiling. Add the frozen perogies and boil for 10-12 minutes or until they float. Drain the water and reserve the perogies.
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, saute the onions with canola oil for 5-7 minutes to release the water and caramelize the natural sugars within. Season with black pepper and reserve.
- In a 2" deep parchment lined insert pan, sprinkle 1/2 the sauerkraut on the bottom of the pan. Cover the sauerkraut with a layer of perogies. Sprinkle on the sauteed onions, pulled pork, green onions and the remainder of the sauerkraut. Bake in the oven at 375 F for 12-17 minutes, depending on the heat of the oven. Ensure the pork reaches an internal temperature of 165 F (74 C) for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the mixture and melt in the oven for 3-5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly and light brown.
- When serving, ensure a full serving of the dish is plated so the taste of all of the different ingredients and layers in the dish are noted. .
Garnish with sour cream and chopped green onions (nutritional analysis not included)
Nutritional Info per 350 g/12.3 oz
|Calories (34 % from fat)||368 kcal|
|Total Fat||14.5 gm|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 gm|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3.1 gm|
|Vitamin A||16.6 RE|
|Vitamin C||5.1 mg|