380 g/13.3 oz
Beef, Chicken, Pork
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Oktoberfest Smoked Sausage (#24563) and Diced Chicken, fully cooked (#43848)
|Oktoberfest Smoked Sausage, skinless, 114 g each||1.45 Kg||3.2 lbs|
|Chicken, diced & fully cooked||940 g||2 lbs 1 oz|
|Canola Oil||45 mL||3 Tbsp|
|White Onions, fresh, chopped||780 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
|Green Pepper, fresh, chopped||470 g||1 lbs|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Celery, fresh, chopped||355 g||12.5 oz|
|Garlic, minced||80 mL||1/3 cup|
|Bay Leaf||6 each||6 each|
|Dried Thyme||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Oregano, dried||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 mL||2 tsp|
|White Rice, dry||1.15 Kg||2.5 lbs|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||2.35 L||2 1/3 quart|
|Tomatoes, canned, diced, LS||1.7 L||1 3/4 quart|
|Dried Parsley||60 mL||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the Diced Chicken and the Oktoberfest sausage under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, green pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, and black pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in rice, and cook until fragrant, ~3 minutes.
- Cut the Oktoberfest sausage into 1" pieces. Stir in the reduced-sodium chicken broth, diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken, and sausage. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, and reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Stir occasionally, until rice is tender, ~20 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve 375 mls per serving. Garnish with dried parsley.
Serve with toasted garlic bread and garnish with fresh parsley (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 380 g/13.3 oz
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Trans Fats||0.12 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Sugars||6 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||44.6 RE|
|Vitamin C||43.46 mg|
|Calories from Protein||18 %|