380 g/13.3 oz
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Oktoberfest Smoked Sausage (#24563) and Diced Chicken, fully cooked (#43848)
|Oktoberfest Smoked Sausage, skinless, 114 g each||1.45 Kg||3.2 lbs|
|Chicken, diced & fully cooked||940 g||2 lbs 1 oz|
|Canola Oil||45 mL||3 Tbsp|
|White Onions, fresh, chopped||780 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
|Green Pepper, fresh, chopped||470 g||1 lbs|
|Red Pepper, fresh, chopped||500 g||1 lbs 2 oz|
|Celery, fresh, chopped||355 g||12.5 oz|
|Garlic, minced||80 mL||1/3 cup|
|Bay Leaf||6 each||6 each|
|Dried Thyme||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Oregano, dried||15 mL||1 Tbsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 mL||2 tsp|
|White Rice, dry||1.15 Kg||2.5 lbs|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||2.35 L||2 1/3 quart|
|Tomatoes, canned, diced, LS||1.7 L||1 3/4 quart|
|Dried Parsley||60 mL||1/4 cup|
- The day before, thaw the Diced Chicken and the Oktoberfest sausage under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, red pepper, green pepper, celery, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, and black pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Stir in rice, and cook until fragrant, ~3 minutes.
- Cut the Oktoberfest sausage into 1" pieces. Stir in the reduced-sodium chicken broth, diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken, and sausage. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, and reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Stir occasionally, until rice is tender, ~20 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- At point of service, serve 375 mls per serving. Garnish with dried parsley.
Serve with toasted garlic bread and garnish with fresh parsley (sides not included in the nutritional information).