Maple Leaf Featured Product: Oktoberfest Smoked Dinner Sausage, skinless, 114 g (#24563)
|Oktoberfest Smoked Dinner Sausage, thawed, 114 g each||13 each (1.482 kg)||13 each (2.964 lbs)|
|Canola Oil||20 ml||4 tsp|
|Carrots, fresh, peeled & chopped||505 g||1 lbs 1 oz|
|Celery, fresh, chopped||460 g||1 lbs|
|White Onions, fresh, diced||190 g||7 oz|
|Garlic, minced||45 g||1.6 oz|
|Beer or non alcoholic beer||1.15 L||4 2/3 cups|
|Beef Broth, reduced sodium, prepared||3.15 L||12 2/3 cups|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Salt, table||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||600 g||1 lbs 5 oz|
|Cream, 10% milkfat||780 ml||3 cups + 2 Tbsp|
|Cream Cheese||780 g||1 lbs 11 oz|
- The day before, thaw the Oktoberfest Smoked Dinner Sausage under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat oil in stockpot on medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic for ~ 8 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Slice the sausages into 1/4 inch slices. Add the sausages, beer, beef broth, pepper and salt. Cook on medium heat for 30-45 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, cream, cream cheese and stir using a whisk until thoroughly mixed. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired. Cook for another 30 minutes. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 175 ml/6oz per serving. Garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream.
Serve with crusty garlic bread/buttered roll and garnish with shredded cheese or sour cream (sides not included in the nutritional information).