Featured Maple leaf Product: Ready Links Breakfast Sausage (#64000)
|Pork Breakfast Sausage Link, skinless, fully cooked, 22.5g/0.8 oz||38 each (855 g)||38 each (1 lb 14 oz)|
|Bacon, sliced, low sodium, chopped, 25 g/0.9 oz||7 slices (175 g)||7 slices (6.3 oz)|
|Cooking Onions, fresh, chopped||275 g||10 oz|
|Garlic, minced||20 ml||1 1/3 Tbsp|
|Water, tap||4.5 L||18 cups|
|Dry Chicken Soup Base, reduced sodium||125 ml||1/2 cup|
|Potato, fresh, diced||800 g||1 lb 12 oz|
|Cream, 10% milkfat||500 ml||2 cups|
|Black Pepper, ground||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Red Crushed Pepper||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Spinach, fresh or can substitute Kale, fresh||2 L||8 cups|
- The day before, thaw the cooked sausages under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C. Cut each thawed sausage link into 8 slices. Hold at <40'F/4'C until later step.
- Chop bacon and dice onions. In a skillet, cook diced bacon for 2-3 minutes over low heat. Add diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until bacon is crisp and onions are soft for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a stockpot, combine Water and dry Chicken Base; bring to a boil. Stir in diced potatoes; cook until soft about 15 minutes.
- Pour cream into stockpot and spices; simmer until heated through. Add sliced sausages, and onion mixture and cook for ~30 minutes until flavors combine. Add Spinach in the last 5 minutes of cooking. Ensure internal temperature of >165'F/74'C is reached and held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Serve 180 mls per serving using 6 oz ladle.
Serve with garnish of parmesan cheese and crusty bun (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 180 ml
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Total Dietary Fibre||1.1 g|
|Vitamin A||109 RE|
|Vitamin C||9.5 mg|
|Calories from Protein||16 %|