1 each (237 g/8.4 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: BBQ Beef Ribette, FC, 85 g (#41434)
|Margarine, soft||200 ml||3/4 cup + 4 tsp|
|Brown Sugar||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|BBQ Sauce||750 ml||3 cups|
|Garlic Powder||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Paprika||10 ml||2 tsp|
|Beef Ribette BBQ, fully cooked||25 each (2.125 kg)||25 each (4 lbs 11 oz)|
|Fennel, fresh, shredded||1.05 kg||2 lbs 5 oz|
|Apple, Gala, Medium, sliced thin||125 g||4.4 oz|
|Mint, fresh, chopped||13 g||0.5 oz|
|Mustard, Dijon||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Maple Syrup||20 ml||1 Tbsp + 1 tsp|
|Olive Oil||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||60 ml||1/4 cup|
|Salt, table||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Hamburger Bun, wholewheat, 53 g||25 each||25 each|
- Preheat convection oven to 325'F/165'C.
- Prepare Rib Sauce: In a small saucepan, place margarine, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place frozen BBQ beef ribette on parchment-lined baking sheet. Slather both sides of the ribs with the prepared sauce using a pastry brush. Bake for ~20 minutes; turn after 10 minutes to ensure even browning on all sides and cooked. Cook to an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C held for at least 15 seconds. Transfer to insert pan and cover with lid. Hold at >140'F/60'C until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- Prepare the Fennel & Apple Coleslaw. Shred the fennel bulb and place in a bowl. Pick a few of the fennel fronds and chop until you have roughly 30 ml/2 Tbsp for 25 servings. Add the required fronds to the bowl of the shredded fennel bulb. Core the apple and thinly slice with the skin on and add to the bowl, along with the chopped mint.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing for the coleslaw; combine mustard, maple syrup, oil, vinegar, salt and whisk vigorously to combine. Pour the dressing over the fennel mixture and toss to coat evenly. Add salt to taste. Cover with wrap. Hold at <40'F/4'C until service.
- At point of service, build the sandwiches. On top of the bun base, layer a ribette and then place 1/4 cup/60 ml of the Fennel Apple Coleslaw using #16 scoop. Place the lid of the bun on top and serve immediately.
Serve with fresh vegetables i.e. green & red peppers, celery, carrots and ranch dip (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (237 g/8.4 oz)
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Trans Fats||0.23 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Sugars||21 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||23.43 RE|
|Vitamin C||6.06 mg|
|Calories from Protein||18 %|