1 each (260 g/9.2 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: BBQ Beef Ribette, FC, 85 g (#41434)
|Beef Ribette, BBQ, fully cooked, 85 g||25 each (2.15 kg)||25 each (4 lbs 12 oz)|
|Oil, Canola||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Carrots, diced Frz||591 g||1 lb 4.9 oz|
|Celery, diced Frz||338 g||11.9 oz|
|Onions, fresh, chopped fine||553 g||1 lb 3.5 oz|
|Garlic, minced||50 g||1.8 oz|
|Rosemary, dried||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Broth, Beef, RTS, reduced sodium||1.95 L||8 cups|
|Tomatoes, diced LS canned||781 ml||3 cups + 2 Tbsp|
|Bay Leaf, whole||6 leaf||6 leaf|
|Parsley, dried||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw cooked bbq beef ribette.
- Preheat convection oven to 300'F/150'C.
- Heat stockpot and add oil. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring for ~5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in beef broth and simmer. Add tomatoes and bay leaves and bring to a boil and cook for ~5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut each rib into 6 strips (~0.5 cm strips) vertically and place into an insert pan(s). Pour tomato beef broth mixture over top of ribettes.
- Place the ribettes in the oven uncovered and cook for ~40 minutes to allow the flavours to blend and the vegetables to soften. Ensure an internal temperature of 165'F/74'C is reached for a minimum of 15 seconds is reached.
- At point of service, serve 6 pieces of Tuscan Braised Beef Ribette over grain i.e. rice/barley/quinoa. Garnish with a sprinkling of dried chopped parsley on top.
Serve with buttered french beans green beans and couscous/brown rice (sides not included in nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 1 each (260 g/9.2 oz)
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Trans Fats||0.18 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Sugars||6 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||0 RE|
|Vitamin C||2.84 mg|
|Calories from Protein||29 %|