175 ml/6 oz (165 g)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Field Roast Italian Crumble, Vegan, Ckd, Thawed, 907 g pkg||1 pkg (907 g)||1 pkg (2 lbs )|
|Canola Oil||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Onions, diced, frz||90 g||3 oz|
|Garlic, minced||30 g||1 oz|
|White Kidney Beans/Cannellini Cnd, drained||2.660 L||10 3/4 cups|
|Chicken Broth, reduced sodium||3 L||3 quarts|
|Italian Seasoning||15 ml||1 Tbsp|
|Rosemary, dried||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Carrots, fresh, peeled & chopped||360 g||13 oz|
|Baby Spinach, fresh||185 g||7 oz|
|Table Salt||5 ml||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper, ground||5 ml||1 tsp|
- The day before, thaw the Italian Crumble in a slotted insert pan under refrigeration at <40'F/4'C.
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or steam jacketed kettle. Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes or until it's softened and starting to lightly brown. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained white kidney beans, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and rosemary. Stir thoroughly and scrape up any brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Remove pot from the stove. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup but leave some of the beans whole. The soup will thicken more as it cools.
- Return the pot to the stove and add the Italian crumble, and the chopped carrots. Increase the heat to high. Once the soup begins to boil, cover the pot with the lid slightly ajar and reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the carrots have softened and the soup has thickened. CCP-Ensure the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Stir in the spinach and let it wilt for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve 175 ml/6 oz per serving.
Serve with a crusty roll and garnish with parmesan cheese (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per 175 ml/6 oz (165 g)
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||7.98 g|
|Trans Fats||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Calories from Protein||31%|