#6 scoop (177 g/6.2 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Plant-Based Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Plant-based Italian Crumble, Fully Cooked (1 each=907 g pouch)||1.2 kg||2 lbs 7 oz|
|Canola Oil||150 ml||1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp.|
|Hashbrown Potato, diced, frozen||1.75 kg||3 lbs 9 oz|
|Ground Black Pepper||15 ml||1 Tbsp.|
|Table Salt||5 ml||1 tsp.|
|Yellow Onions, fresh, diced||300 g||10.6 oz|
|Green Peppers, sliced, diced||500 g||17.6 oz|
|Red Pepper, sliced, diced||500 g||17.6 oz|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||25 g||1 Tbsp.|
- The day before, thaw plant-based Italian Crumble under refrigeration at <40F/4C.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or grill on medium heat. Saute frozen, diced hashbrown potatoes; add salt and pepper. Cook for ~5-10 minutes until they cooked about halfway through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced onions and cook for another 3-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced red and green bell peppers, and minced garlic; stir. Reduce the heat and continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through about another 5-10 minutes. If using a skillet, you can also cover it as this will cook the potatoes/onions and peppers a bit faster.
- Add the thawed, plant-based Italian Crumble and heat for 5-10 minutes. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds.
- Serve 175 mls/3/4 cup per serving using a #6 scoop. May place a poached or sunny side or fried egg on top for additional protein.
Serve with a poached/sunny-side/fried egg on top (sides not included in the nutritional information).
Nutritional Info per #6 scoop (177 g/6.2 oz)
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Trans Fats||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Sugars||3 g|
|Total Fiber||4 g|
|Vitamin A||48.8 RE|
|Vitamin C||19.98 mg|
|Calories from Protein||27%|