1 each (169 gm/5.9 oz)
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Field Roast Italian Crumble (#31435)
|Field Roast Italian Crumble, Vegan, Ckd, 907 g, thawed||667 g||23.5 oz|
|Dried Parsley||40 ml||2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp.|
|Italian Seasoning||20 ml||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.|
|Fresh Sliced Mushrooms||583 g||21 oz|
|Vegetable Oil||20 ml||1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.|
|9 inch Pie Shell||4.17 each||4.17 each|
|Ground Black Pepper||10 ml||2 tsp.|
|2% Milk||820 ml||4 1/3 cups|
|Parmesan Cheese, grated fine||271 g||10 oz|
|Liquid Whole Egg||1.05 L||4 1/2 cups|
- The day before, thaw the plant-based Italian crumble under refrigeration and maintain <40 F/4C.
- Preheat the convection oven to 375'F/190'C.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin slices. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat and add sliced mushrooms. Saute mushrooms for ~5 minutes until they are lightly browned and all of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in dried parsley and Italian seasoning; remove from heat and set aside to later step.
- Place the frozen 9" deep pie shells on a baking sheet and place 160 g/5.6 oz of the fully cooked plant-based Italian crumble on the bottom of each pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and black pepper. Stir in Parmesan cheese and mushrooms. Carefully pour over the sausage mixture in the pie crust.
- Place the quiche uncovered in a preheated convection oven at 375F/195C for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. CCP-Cook to an internal temperature of 165F/74C held for at least 15 seconds. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. CCP-Maintain >140F/60C until service.
- Slice each 9-inch quiche pie into 6 servings. At the point of service, may garnish with a sprinkle of dried/fresh chopped parsley.
Serve with homefries, sliced tomato and fresh fruit (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 1 each (169 gm/5.9 oz)
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Trans Fat||0.28 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Sugars||5 g|
|Total Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||120.77 RE|
|Vitamin C||0.64 mg|
|Calories from Protein||23%|