155 grams/5.4 ounces
Featured Maple Leaf Product: Lightlife Grounds (#00209)
|Lightlife Grounds, Vegan, thawed||1500 grams (3.3 packages/454 g each)||3 lbs 5 oz|
|Canola Oil||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Onions, fresh, finely chopped||330 grams||11.5 ounces|
|Green Peppers, fresh, finely chopped||1 1/4 each||1 1/4 each|
|Garlic, fresh, minced||40 ml||2 2/3 Tbsp|
|Egg, medium||4 each||4 each|
|BBQ Sauce||375 ml||1 1/2 cup|
|Maple Syrup (or pancake)||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Soya Sauce, Low Sodium||80 ml||1/3 cup|
|Chili Powder||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Italian Seasoning, dry||30 ml||2 Tbsp|
|Black pepper, ground||8 ml||1 1/2 tsp|
|Bread Crumbs, plain||750 ml||3 cups|
|Oatmeal, quick cooking||425 ml||1 3/4 cups|
|BBQ Sauce||375 ml||1 1/2 cups|
|Soya Sauce, Low Sodium||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
|Maple Syrup (or pancake)||45 ml||3 Tbsp|
- The day before, thaw vegan Lightlife grounds in an insert pan in the refrigerator at 4'C/40'F or lower.
- Preheat the convection oven to 350'F/177'F.
- Heat oil in skillet, add the onions and sauté until translucent. Add the chopped green pepper and minced garlic; continue to sauté until all are golden.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sautéed vegetables with the remaining ingredients other than the Glaze Topping. Work together with a large spoon or clean gloved hands. Transfer the mixture to a sprayed 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan(s) and pat in; alternatively can place in 2" deep insert pan. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Glaze Topping: Mix the additional barbeque sauce, soya sauce, and maple syrup in bowl. Remove the meatloaf from the oven, remove foil and brush glaze evenly over the top.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes longer or until the internal temperature reaches 165'F/74'C for 15 seconds. The loaf should look firm and there is browning around the edges. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Serve with mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and onion rings (sides not included in the nutritional information)
Nutritional Info per 155 grams/5.4 ounces
|Total Fat||13.4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.1 g|
|Total Sugar||12.2 g|
|Total Dietary Fiber||4.1 g|
|Vitamin A||33.5 RE|
|Vitamin C||4.8 mg|
|Calories from Fat||38 %|